Fantuz signs with Hamilton

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Fantuz signs with Hamilton

Postby argonaut11xx » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:33 am

Sometimes life sucks.....

Maybe this is all part of the CFL's plan to Rebuild/Revive the fan base in Southern Ontario...

i am offically a member of the "Fantuz Sucks" fan club now....
argonaut11xx
Starter

Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Fantuz signs with Hamilton

Postby ping » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 am

me too !!!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!
ping
Hall of Famer

Postby Ticats85 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am

How could this be possible argonaut11x??? Hamilton isn't the centre of the universe?? Doesn't Fantuz think the Ticats suck? haha Cant wait to see the Cats beat down your Argos all season long!
Ticats85
Rookie

Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Fantuz signs with Hamilton

Postby pat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

Tough day in Saskatchewan...Gene Mackowsky retires one of the greatest Riders of all time, and we lose Andy Fantuz. Neither was totally unexpected. Good luck Andy except for two games in 2012.
pat
Rookie

Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Postby 294life » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 am

one of which is the ticats home opener. and Ricky Ray starts off in his old digs. Week 1 already generating storylines. I love it.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.
294life
All Star

Postby prairiedog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Good luck Andy. Thanks for everything. I'll have to change my avatar tho ...
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!

heh
prairiedog
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby Hollywood2 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:00 pm

It is only appropriate that the 100th Cup goes to Hamilton, the class of the CFL.
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.
Hollywood2
Champion

Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Postby cromartie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:13 am

Talented guy, but not all that.

Personally, I'd have spent the money on Greg Carr and picked up help in other areas with the difference.
cromartie
Superstar

Postby Sir Purrcival » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 am

I'm pretty sure that the winning team will likely have a player from the area that will bring it home for his day in the Sun.
Lest We Forget!
Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Re:

Postby argonaut11xx » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:26 am

Ticats85 wrote:How could this be possible argonaut11x??? Hamilton isn't the centre of the universe?? Doesn't Fantuz think the Ticats suck? haha Cant wait to see the Cats beat down your Argos all season long!

Silly Andy..i guess after living in Regina, Hamilton must have looked pretty darn good...hahahaha...

Im excited for the matchups, and rivalries this year, its seems pretty much every team except Winnipeg is improved...

Labour Day should be a BLAST
argonaut11xx
Starter

Postby Sir Purrcival » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 am

Oh I don't know about that. Edmonton may have taken a serious step backward and I"m not sure that the Als are going to be improved this season either. Calvillo was looking very mortal last season at points and their team is going through a lot of turnover. Calgary did very little during free agency and are relying largely on the talents of Drew Tate who although talented is still basically a rookie. Winnipeg has lost a couple of receivers and still have essentially the same offence that struggled mightily at times last season. Sask has improved their Oline but if Durant struggles again, they have little in the way of experience to fall back on. Teams that have clearly improved IMO. Toronto, Hamilton and to a lesser extent BC who have added some extra pieces to their defence while retaining some of the most important parts. The loss of Sol. E. will hurt as will Aaron Hunt.
Lest We Forget!
Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Postby prairiedog » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 am

Saskatchewan has done jack squat to improve the WORST defense in the league.

By far the biggest problem for the Sask offense was the fact that they were down by 2 scores CONSTANTLY which narrowed the playbook, and only had 25 minutes of possession with which to execute said narrow playbook.

If you consider that half of Durant's turnovers were him forcing plays trying to capitalize quickly on momentum or just plain be a hero because of the scoreboard, and couple that with the fact that he made at least 3 starts on a broken foot, it was probably his best ever season.

As a Rider fan right now I'm looking at 7 other teams that from my perspective don't have anything to worry about.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!

heh
prairiedog
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Return to Canadian Professional Football