Riders to upgrade Mosaic Stadium for Grey Cup

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Riders to upgrade Mosaic Stadium for Grey Cup

Postby pat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

http://www.newstalk980.com/story/pho...-project/45295

Big story here in Saskatchewan today. $14 million in upgrade with a new 60 foot video board. Sounds like they still want to go ahead with a new stadium with a completion date in 2016. I sure hope this does not delay that date.
pat
Rookie

Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Postby Sir Purrcival » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Seems like bad money after good although I don't suppose 14 million goes very far. A coat of paint, new screen and a few other cosmetic touches.
Lest We Forget!
Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Postby prairiedog » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 am

Yea, 14M is nothing these days.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!

heh
prairiedog
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby argonaut11xx » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:09 am

Is this upgrade for the Grey Cup only?

I figured Saskatchewan was rolling in $$$$$....so doing this then building a new stadium seems kinda silly....

Hey...while on the stadium talk....why did they changed the name from Taylor Field?...no offence but Mosiac always sounded kinda stupid to me
argonaut11xx
Starter

Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Riders to upgrade Mosaic Stadium for Grey Cup

Postby pat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Actually it is called Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field. I still just call it Taylor field...I really agree with you. Mosaic is a potash company that paid millions for the naming rights.

<object width="614" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.globalregina.com/video/swf/GlobalNewsEmbedPlayer.swf?player.width=609&player.height=342&player.overlayImageUrl=&pid=kiHxQzm7GwyvFZYDMaUKEsel0ZSz_g4r&show=Evening News&episode=&season=&cliptitle=Grey+Cup+Legacy+Project"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.globalregina.com/video/swf/GlobalNewsEmbedPlayer.swf?player.width=609&player.height=342&player.overlayImageUrl=&pid=kiHxQzm7GwyvFZYDMaUKEsel0ZSz_g4r&show=Evening News&episode=&season=&cliptitle=Grey+Cup+Legacy+Project" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="614" height="400"></embed></object>

Hope this video works. It is a video from global Regina. It is sort of propaganda from the Riders but it really show the plan they have in place before the new stadium starts. It think these upgrades are necessary to host a grey cup now.
pat
Rookie

Return to Canadian Professional Football