Do more than vote, justify your decision,

I'd really like to see who picks Rough Riders, especially Saskatchewan fans
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Ottawa Needs A Name...

Post by Ticats85 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Should be new name, i get the tradition and all that, but to have two teams with the same name in a nine team league is just plain silly, fresh start,fresh name. Looking forward to having Ottawa back in the league no matter what the name is. :beauty:

Renegader
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Renegader » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

I'd prefer Rough Riders but will accept anything really.

Bobbyp
All Star

Post by Bobbyp » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Ottawa Beavers
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”

cflsteve
Rookie

Post by cflsteve » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I would like to see a fresh new Name for a fresh new franchise. THe CFL has been skyrocketing in popularity and moving into a new and modern era for the CFL. Before TSN took over the television rights and before Mark Cohon became Commisioner the league was still being run like it was the 1960's and it was close to going under. everyting that people said could not be done less than 10 years ago are being done. Ottawa will want to explode onto the scene with a hip new name and some swag new uniforms and color scheme. I am liking the name Red and Black which can also be called the Rouge et Noir. With a Merchandising marketing scheme to sell team jerseys and other merchandise in both english and French. The old Francophone CFL fans will be Als fans but looking toward the young future francophone fan in ottawa and across the river in Gatineau to be enticed by the swag uniforms and the unique sale of merchandise in french and english making it popular among young football and sports fans to be Rouge et Noir fans. Carleton football is coming back and Ottawa U is also in the city hitting the college community to become Fans of the Ottawa franchise will make wearing Red and Black gear fashionable. and have it trickle down to the HS students in the Metro Area being a target age to hit. with the Landsdowne resturants and Pubs the place to be during game day.

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 am

Let Tony gabriel's 'catch' be the Rough Riders' last hurrah.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:35 am

They've suggested Beavers, and are going with the youth,

Ottawa should use the most current trend, shown by this year's Grey Cup, and go with calling them,

The Ottawa Beibers!!!

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Here's a question for any die hard Rough Rider fan. Larry Uteck played in Ottawa in 1980 before retiring. Does anyone happen to know what number he was wearing? It's not a trivia question, I really need to know. Thanks.

Rocco
Playground Scrub

Post by Rocco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:12 pm

294life wrote:Here's a question for any die hard Rough Rider fan. Larry Uteck played in Ottawa in 1980 before retiring. Does anyone happen to know what number he was wearing? It's not a trivia question, I really need to know. Thanks.

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Rocco wrote:
294life wrote:Here's a question for any die hard Rough Rider fan. Larry Uteck played in Ottawa in 1980 before retiring. Does anyone happen to know what number he was wearing? It's not a trivia question, I really need to know. Thanks.
Thank you. Much obliged.

Rocco
Playground Scrub

Post by Rocco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:12 pm

294life wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Thank you. Much obliged.
:thup:

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 pm

As an Ottawa fan and son, there can be no other name than Rough Riders.

Those that ridicule the League for having two teams with similar names are rarely cfl fans, ergo imo their opinion is moot.

The two clubs were in different leagues before 1958; how many US college "Tigers" teams are there? Nobody ridicules that.

Our rightful name pisses off Jim Hopson and various Saskatchewan fans; as an Ottawa fan, I could not be more pleased about that.

Ottawa Rough Riders.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

Rocco
Playground Scrub

Post by Rocco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 pm

It's tough to move on from the name. I'm just focusing on the positives of this resurrection of Ottawa football; favorable draft, good group of owners, City of Ottawa are partners not just landlords, and most importantly, I've never lost my faith when it comes to football fans in Ottawa. We are ready and we are hungry.

Dave in Korea
Starter

Post by Dave in Korea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I'd be happy with any of the name suggestions (just don't go back to Renegades). Rough Riders would be cool to have back and would add spice to the games against Regina. Some of the new name suggestions might be more appropriate to the region in this century and be more appealing to the key demographics.

I'm just excited to get a ninth team back where it belongs.
Dream out loud.

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 am

Solar Max wrote:As an Ottawa fan and son, there can be no other name than Rough Riders.

Those that ridicule the League for having two teams with similar names are rarely cfl fans, ergo imo their opinion is moot.

The two clubs were in different leagues before 1958; how many US college "Tigers" teams are there? Nobody ridicules that.

Our rightful name pisses off Jim Hopson and various Saskatchewan fans; as an Ottawa fan, I could not be more pleased about that.

Ottawa Rough Riders.
Very Well written,

Solar and I are quite different. I moved to Ottawa just in the last season of the Rough Rider, When we got the Renegades, I embrassed them and they became my team.
So I don't really have much history with the RR, but I do appreciate the history, and the uniqueness of our league. I would like it if that carried on,

As far as Saskatchewan fans, I've been to 11 Grey Cups in a row now and am just weeks away from my 12th, Wearing the colours proud at all the GC's, I have a lot of Saskatchewan fans asking me what the new name will be, Of course I can't say, because I'm not sure anyone knows, but I've been surprised how many have said they want us to come back as the Rough Riders! :beer: