50%
Other Name - Rough Riders & Roughriders shouldn't be in the same league
50%

Total votes: 34

294life
All Star

Re: Ottawa Needs A Name...

Post by 294life » Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 am

Glenegade wrote:There's all kinds of leaks revealing the new name for Ottawa being the RedBlacks. Here's designs leaked by someone who was working on the design team
I like the top left corner logo as it resembles the old R logo with a little add-on (the B) which can stand for Re-Born.

all the other designs are cool too. it's good to have different versions to keep the product fresh.
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Glenegade » Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 am

I'm more than impressed. The OSEG is doing things right.
OSEG wrote:Dear Fan of Ottawa Football:

We’re ready! The team nickname has been chosen, the new logo has been designed, and we’re throwing the biggest football party this side of the Grey Cup to show them off to you and our other PRN holders. We hope you and your friends and family can join us Saturday June 8th at the Ernst & Young Centre (formerly CE Centre) between 2:00 and 4:00 PM for a kick-off to the great times will soon be having together at our new stadium at Lansdowne Park.

Special guests will include Russ Jackson, Tony Gabriel and Commissioner Mark Cohon. We’ll have a live party band, an amazing photo and video light show, rare artifacts from Ottawa’s storied CFL football past, a marching band, cheerleaders and the ultimate prize…the Grey Cup itself.

Attendees will receive an exclusive collector’s edition gift that we know you’ll want to keep in a special place for years to come, but you must be on site to pick it up. New team merchandise will be available, parking will be free and stadium food and beverages will be on site. So mark the date on your calendar, bring your camera, grab your football buddies and join us at the E&Y Centre for an historic Ottawa football afternoon.

The E&Y Centre is a big place but it does have a capacity, so please RSVP to this email to let us know how many will be in your group.

See you soon.

Your friends on the OSEG team.
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Pakalolo » Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I love a party. I'm too far away however. :D
I hope its fun,raucous, loud, noisy, and not too many fist fights.lol
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:39 am

The Ottawa Citizen is reporting that the name and logo have been registered,

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/foo ... story.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Glenegade wrote:The Ottawa Citizen is reporting that the name and logo have been registered,

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/foo ... story.html
Glen, I saw the unveiling on CFL.ca yesterday. Although I didn't like the name at first, after I heard how they chose it, I'm OK with it. :beauty:

I love the logo and the choice to stick with the historical red and black for the uniforms. I can't wait to see how the jerseys look. I'll have to add one to my collection for sure. :D

And once Ottawa comes back in 2014, they will be one of my favorites again. :beer:

GO RED-BLACKS GO !
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Awesome Stan! So good to hear,
I like the name, and the history, how much more could they honour the history than with that name?

I absolutely love the logo! It is awesome!
There's a poll right now on cfl.ca about the logo whether you like it or not, it's at 56% like! Which I think is great, because I bet there's fans of other teams that would vote no regardless of what it is other than their own

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm

BTW, The event yesterday was so impressive, this OSEG is doing things right. I couldn't believe how well done this was, there was no where the effort for anything that was for Renegades like what I saw yesterday.

we were tailgating befoer the game and had the tents and flags up, along with our CFL beerpong table and who do we see coming walking over? Mark Cahon, and we got a bunch of pictures, and he tweeted it,

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm really optimistic about this time around in Ottawa, as Glenegade said, OSEG are doing things right. Ya there is a lot of negativity surrounding the name, I personally don't think it's that bad, not my favourite name in the world but doesn't matter to me, the only thing that counts is football is back in Ottawa! I saw the pic from Cohon's twitter page, cool stuff, I wonder when a new fan site will pop up to replace renegadenation.com?

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Ticats85 wrote:I wonder when a new fan site will pop up to replace renegadenation.com?
oh man, after going on for years and years about the name for our new team, the day after we get the name, the subject up now is should we change our name to RB Nation, RedBlacksNation... I say just keep it RenegadeNation
Shows our history, and as a group we can say we're the rebel, bandits out casts from society that a Renegade truely is

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Glenegade wrote:
Ticats85 wrote:I wonder when a new fan site will pop up to replace renegadenation.com?
oh man, after going on for years and years about the name for our new team, the day after we get the name, the subject up now is should we change our name to RB Nation, RedBlacksNation... I say just keep it RenegadeNation
Shows our history, and as a group we can say we're the rebel, bandits out casts from society that a Renegade truely is
Just make it R-Nation and people can use their own imagination. :beauty:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Pakalolo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm

It's Redblacks people. I saw the reaction from people on the CBC sight, and thought Canada, Ottawa. and even North America itself, might fall.
I don't mind it. I might buy some swag.
Lets move on.
Redblacks, Rouge et noire. Right on!!
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

LikaFknNinja
Playground Scrub

Post by LikaFknNinja » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 am

Super stoked on Ottawa getting a team again! Been going to games since I was 5. The name RedBlacks is absolutely terrible!! Article stating Jeff Hunt met some dude at a party who suggested Red and Blacks years ago leads me to believe that the public polling was a shame.
Enough of the rant, I'll get getting season tix, and sporting the red and black colours...Rough Rider colours, but red and black all the same

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 pm

LikaFknNinja wrote:Article stating Jeff Hunt met some dude at a party who suggested Red and Blacks years ago leads me to believe that the public polling was a shame.
I was right there when it happened, it was my friend Alex's idea. I think the name is ok, but there is several names I would have picked before it.

I think the contest was a legitimate attempt, just that there was no one preferred name that was coming up over and over again, Point is, Saskatchewan is to blame the Rough Riders would have been the only accepted name some guy said to me the other day RedBlacks is stupid, and I said, ya that's fine, but do you have a solution for a name? He said ya for sure! They should call them the Fusion! That is so bad...

Likafkinnija? What do think would have been better? And just to be clear I'm not asking to defend the name,

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 am

What will Ottawa fans actually call them? Will the chant be "Let's go Riders!"?
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

Mallard
Playground Hero
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mallard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Great logo.........stupid name.