Ricky Ray to start next game

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Ricky Ray to start next game

Post by Sir Purrcival » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:54 pm

He hasn't played a game all 2015 and has only been on the active roster for about 3 weeks. The long time veteran is about to start his first game this weekend when he faces the visiting BC Lions. The Argonauts have stumbled of late with Trevor Harris seemingly unable to make the Offense run. I'm sure that playing "home" games all over the place hasn't helped. Regardless, it is good to see this long time, sure to be, hall of famer back on the playing field. Apparently Harris has been told that the final decision re: him starting again hasn't been decided up to and including the beginning of the playoffs.
Lest We Forget!

AGENT-784
All Star

Re: Ricky Ray to start next game

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Argos can't be blamed for going with Ray in today's narrow loss to the Cats.
Looks like he has his job back for 2016.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:06 am

Really? I didn't think Ray looked all that hot. He is a multi-year veteran that barely looked better than a QB who was starting his second game ever. The fact that the Argo's didn't let Harris see the field at all is equally perplexing unless he was hurt somehow. If he was basically a healthy 3rd string, that doesn't bode well for him. The Argo's definitely need to start grooming their successor for Ricky Ray. Even if he get's it all back, the injuries and the age are ticking time bombs.
Lest We Forget!

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:19 pm

The absence of Harris from this game simply had me thinking that the trust from the coach was back with the veteran Ray.
Turnovers were an issue for Harris, and that would very likely get better over time.
Not sure if Milanovich is going to invest that time in Harris with a healthy Ray in uniform.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 am

A guess a "healthy" Ray is really the big question. Will he regain his form from before the injury. I don't think we really know the extent of that yet. If they are so jaundiced on Harris so as to put in McPherson ahead of him, then Harris is in big trouble. If he isn't the Argo's heir apparent, then he might as well be done for them and some new more promising candidate better start being groomed. Healthy or not, Ray won't be able to play forever. I basically think that the next season or maybe two will likely be his last.
Lest We Forget!

sokkimlay
Playground Scrub

Post by sokkimlay » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:59 pm

it's nice post.
I didn't think Ray looked all that hot.
goldenslot

gclub online