Introduce Yourselves!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Stampeder67
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Stampeder67 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 am

Hey all, new Stamps fan here :cowboy: looking forward to great season!!

greycupbankerbabe
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupbankerbabe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Stampeder67 wrote:Hey all, new Stamps fan here :cowboy: looking forward to great season!!
Welcome Stampeder67.
Hope you enjoy the site. :beer:

greycupbankerbabe
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupbankerbabe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm

HotBranch! wrote:Hey hey, kids!

Guess who's back?
Hey you!
It's been a long time.
Where have you been?

goraiders
Playground Hero

Post by goraiders » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:43 pm

1986: Age seven. Lived two houses away from Gerald Roper; pretended I was Roy Dewalt playing football in my front yard; beat my little brother 56-0.

1990: Got picked last for kickball; gave up championship dreams.

2002: Volunteered with B.C. Lions; had brief conversation with Damon Allen about new sport of Slamball; carved jack o' lantern in likeness of Carl Kidd.

2009: Cheer on Lions every week!

smbtch
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by smbtch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:55 pm

I've been a fanatic, win or lose Bomber fan since 1944 at the age of 5. At the start of the 2009 season, new head coach Mike Kelly vowed to all the Bomber fans that he would bring back the kickass, no survivor kind of football that the Bombers played in the late '50's and early '60's when they appeared in 6 Grey Cups and won 4. Kelly seemed to have the credentials to back up his assurances and it was an exhilarating way to start the season. Then came September and a devastating, incomprehensible, complete meltdown in all aspects of the team's performance which included off-the-field turmoil which culminated in the departure of several well-respected and quality-performing team members - it was utter chaos in Winnipeg. I joined the howling, raging throng of Bomber fans, screaming for Kelly's head, demanding immediate and drastic changes to save the franchise. 'Mike Kelly is an arrogant, unfeeling, stupid jerk!!' Kelly stood his ground. Now, it's two games until the playoffs. Carry on. Mr. Kelly - carry on.

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Welcome to 13thman goraiders and smbtch! Loved both your introductory posts. :beauty:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

RLeb
Rookie

Post by RLeb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 am

Hey guys, I'm Rej. I've been here for a month now so I should probobly introduce myself eventually!

I am a University student over here... in fact I go to school 100 meters from the new stadium they are building in Moncton. I've been a CFL fan for a long time.... but now with the game planned here for 2010, I guess I am following it a little closer! I am one of those people over here who think that a CFL franchise could work in Halifax or Moncton. I'd love to see it happen one day. Other than that, I don't know what else to say.... I am glad I found this site! Gives me a chance to discuss the happenings of the CFL somewhere! I was looking for a place just like this for a while!!

I hope to meet some of you when the party comes to town next September!

anywho, gotta get back to the studying stuff. Cheers for now! :beer:
“All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”
—Unknown

cats_n_pac
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by cats_n_pac » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm

hello! New guy here from Cfl.ca! I dislike the fourms there so...here i am :)

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Great to see a Schooner and a Ti-Cat fan joining the mix. Read often and post often!
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

Chris Real
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Chris Real » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 am

Hey all,

My name is Chris Real, and I frigging love this emoticon: :pass:

Anyway,

I am a die hard Rider fan, but possess very few of the negative personality traits other team's fans tend to (somewhat justifiably :cool:) dislike us for.

I don't possess anywhere near the dislike for The Eskimos, The Bombers, or the Lions as many of my contemporaries do - choosing instead to focus and concentrate all my CFL hatred on one very, very deserving "team", city, and fan base. :)

Looking forward to contributing to this site... I'm going to start by trying to find somewhere to use THIS smilie thingy:
:rammer:

Seriously, when would that ever come into play? AHAHAHAHA I will find a way.

Cheers all.
Chris Real
Saskatchewan Roughriders #1 Fan
Riderfans.com #1 Enemy

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 am

Chris Real wrote:
Looking forward to contributing to this site... I'm going to start by trying to find somewhere to use THIS smilie thingy:
:rammer:

Seriously, when would that ever come into play? AHAHAHAHA I will find a way.

Cheers all.
Welcome Chris :beer:

That smiley is kind of an inside joke on one of the guys here ... Hi Rammer :tease:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

ITSMILLERTIMEBABY
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by ITSMILLERTIMEBABY » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 am

New here, sort of. Love to chat sports. Mainly soccer, football & hockey. More specifically, AC Milan, Montreal Alouettes, Cleveland Browns & Les Habitants. Well, nice to meet you all. Who wants to take first shot? I'm ready to roll. :yahoo:

AMIG
Playground Scrub

Re: Introduce Yourselves! Once again I return

Post by AMIG » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm

At some point I promise you:

Talk of expansion!
Talk of how Angelo Mosca is the greatest Canadian by choice

It's been a while since I've been here in any capacity or time.

I promise to annoy some

and amuse others

Larry
Tower this is Alpha Mike India Golf on taxi-way Tango Charlie. Have received information Alpha Romeo Golf Oscar Sierra Sierra Uniform Charlie Kilo. Awaiting further directions to depart runway '07 for Golf Charlie Victory

Hoop27
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by Hoop27 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 am

Hi all!

My name is Shane Hoopfer. I'm a Stamps fan living in Calgary. I also do blogging for www.prosportsblogging.com covering the Stamps, Flames, and Mariners, and am the director of CFL content on the site. Our CFL coverage is starting at the end of this week!

I'm looking forward to the start of the season! And hearing what people think about their teams and the CFL in general.

Saskfan4life
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Saskfan4life » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Saskfan4life here, born and raised in Saskatoon and currently living in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Of course I'm a diehard Rider fan. Years ago, I was a regular on Total-CFL, and I still contribute to the occasional discussion on the official CFL site. I played in one of the first Snow Bowls, in Winnipeg in '97. I played on the same high school football team as Warren Muzika, who went on to play in the CFL with Hamilton and Winnipeg, and my cousin, Gene Makowsky. I coach a pee wee football team, and referee bantam and high school games in the Prince Albert area. Outside of football, I enjoy acting in community theatre, and musically, I love '60's & '70's classic rock, especially KISS. For the past 7 seasons or so, almost every game I've gone to, I've combined my passions for KISS & the Riders & dress up as "Green Gene", a Rider-ized Gene Simmons costume with the black Pilsner Rider flag as my cape, and some green in the makeup and hair. I've made it on to the big screen at Mosaic stadium a few times, on the front page of the Regina Leader-Post's sports section once, and on the front page of the Calgary Sun after last year's Grey Cup, but I've never been on TSN... Yet...