HOT cheerleaders doing HOT things makes Bombers HOT

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything you'd talk about at the Pub including Smack or Trash Talk.
This Room is named in memorial For Garry Terpstra. A Great CFL Fan and Friend RIP GCG

Moderator: Referees

BigRedMachine
Champion
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Re: HOT cheerleaders doing HOT things makes Bombers HOT

Post by BigRedMachine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Bushido wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:
Arash Madani, spokesman for the Bombers, insisted Monday that the women in the pictures aren't part of this year's squad, adding they were on the Blue Lightning in "2005 at the latest."
Ree-ee-eeely?!

A woman looking suspiciously like their current coach appears to be in at least one of them

http://donchavez.com/blog/index.php/200 ... et-frisky/

With a hair-cut like that, it's pretty easy to pick her out :lol:
Yeah... Yeah...

I'm out! Yeah, I'm out. I'm out of the contest.
You of all people I had figured out to still be master of his domain. Not that there's anything wrong with that... :canada:
"It is people like GreyCupGarry who make the CFL our league, Canada’s league."

-- Jaime Stein, CFL.ca

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
Hymie wrote:Girls just want to have fun!

While we are at this, any one have photos of the topless woman who was sitting in the hotel window and the Stadium formerly known as Skydome the other night.
Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Topless-Woman ... Blog-10281

Nasty cheerleaders in Winnipeg, naked women at Skydome, Mardi Gras nights in Ottawa, and Montreal just being Montreal... is it just me, or does it seem like the East have a bit different atmosphere at there games then the West :lol:

Can't wait to see what Hamilton has up their sleeve... :beauty: :wink:
It's not all in the East. I do recall a case or two of women flashing during Lions' games at BC Place caught on camera.

Beware the girls in the hot tub at Taylor Field! :i: :i:
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:46 pm

WOW...this is really getting some attention...

I'm driving home from work tonight listening to a Rock Station out of Woodstock Ont. and the DJ starts talking about the CFL Bomber's cheeleaders. Now let me qualify this...this is a station that does about 2 min.s of sports a day...lol.

Anyway after chatting it up for a few minutes...he says..."Hey. the CFL is giving more reason to watch it than NFL" :beer: :canada:
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:47 pm

I Love it! :yahoo:
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 am

Looks like the coach is the one taking the fall

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 6-sun.html
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm

I find it extremely disappointing that the coach of the cheerleading squad is taking the fall for something which is absolutely a non-issue. This "organization," if one wants to call the Bombers Football Club that, has many more important things to worry about than *gasp* raunchy photos. Like, I dunno, an 0-4 record.

Nevermind that the hypocrisy coming from the club is amazing. You hire women, ones who are very attractive, to wear not a whole lotta clothing and dance for the male fans but scream bloody murder if some old photos get leaked because they're somehow unbecoming of them and/or embarrass the team. How the hell does THAT work?

Those dancers haven't done anything wrong. What they do in their private time, wearing Bomber jerseys or not, is their own damn business. I'd bet good money that Dena was forced out of the club and didn't willfully resign on her own.

Enjoy 0-5, Winnipeg. Hope you go 0-18 and find more things other than yourselves to be "embarrassed" by.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Yeah, the clubs like to romance having these cheer teams... with all the choreography and stunts, some even including guys... but lets not kid ourselves, the vast majority of the people at the games don't give two sh**s about that stuff, these girls are there for sex appeal.

Like it or not, sex is part of the product offering... even if no one will admit it
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Just to play devil's advocate for a second.

Who makes the loudest objections to the stereotype that Cheerleaders are all looks and no substance? 1 guess, it is the members of those very same Cheer teams. And rightfully so because they are way more than just T and A. Picture like this damage that assertion and not just for the Blue Lightning.

It is not a question of morality, it is a question of judgement. Individuals work very hard to be on these squads. They know that their conduct while being members of these teams are under scrutiny and I don't doubt that there are some conduct codes that they are required to sign off on. Whether or not these images were ever meant for public issue, the fact is, as soon as you start taking pictures like this, the chance exists that they are going to get out. In short, very poor judgement. Sure there are worse pictures out there but these strike right at the core of what they have been trying to distance themselves from. How much harder do some of these women now have to work to undo the silliness of a few? Even if these pictures were taken after their time on the squad was over, they would be representing themselves as members of an organization that they are not in fact part of. At the very least their conduct not only reflects poorly on them, but other future members. That is inconsiderate. Take the current team.....How about the next time they go to perform for a school? or at a hospital or some other kind of charity event. How many parents are going to wonder just what kinds of things go on with these women in their spare time? Are they going to be thinking about all the effort and energy they put in or what kinds of character they really have? Unfair? Absolutely! but it will happen nevertheless.
It is a sad reality that as your profile rises, your privacy shrinks. These people put themselves out in the public eye deliberately and if some can't figure out they lose some freedom as a result, then they really need to be doing something different lest they undermine the efforts of others. I don't blame the Bombers for dropping the coach. Her presence in a group of questionable pictures brings her conduct into question. It's too bad, she maybe had nothing to do with it but from a PR standpoint, the Bombers would understandably feel the need to send a message that this kind of conduct is not a condoned part of the organization.
When you are trying to sell yourself as wholesome entertainment for all the family, what choice do you really have.
Lest We Forget!

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:03 pm

See, I don't think they are really selling themselves as wholesome family entertainment though... I know that's what they like to say, and people romance the roles cheerleaders play, with the dancing, throws and community events... but ultimately having cheerleaders is just peddling sex.

Obviously, they are trying to do so subtly, but on a basic level, that's what it is.
-

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:See, I don't think they are really selling themselves as wholesome family entertainment though... I know that's what they like to say, and people romance the roles cheerleaders play, with the dancing, throws and community events... but ultimately having cheerleaders is just peddling sex.

Obviously, they are trying to do so subtly, but on a basic level, that's what it is.
:whs:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer

Post by FootbalYouBet » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:See, I don't think they are really selling themselves as wholesome family entertainment though... I know that's what they like to say, and people romance the roles cheerleaders play, with the dancing, throws and community events... but ultimately having cheerleaders is just peddling sex.

do you have any idea how many cheerleaders you have just insulted, as per one of SP's points.
Don't confuse me with facts

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:

do you have any idea how many cheerleaders you have just insulted, as per one of SP's points.

And maybe they only market those calendars full of cheerleaders wearing micro bikini's to people who only really want to know what day it is :lol:

If these ladies are in denial of what they're really there for, maybe they can use a wake up call
-

FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer

Post by FootbalYouBet » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:

And maybe they only market those calendars full of cheerleaders wearing micro bikini's to people who only really want to know what day it is :lol:

If these ladies are in denial of what they're really there for, maybe they can use a wake up call
I am guessing that most of these ladies see a difference between what they see as tastefull, and maybe slightly sexY calendar pictures , as opposed to simply "selling sex"
Last edited by FootbalYouBet on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse me with facts

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:

I am guessing that most of these ladies see a difference between what they see as tastefull, and maybe slightly sexY pictures, as opposed to simply "selling sex"
Whatever gets them to sleep at night... don't want them getting bags under their eyes, that wouldn't look good
-

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't disagree that there are mixed messages that are inherent with Cheer teams, however the public position is a necessity especially if you want to induce adults to bring the fans of tomorrow to the games. That's why they have family zones, and tickets at 7-ll and all the rest. It is also why they send Cheer Teams out to public events at Hospitals and Elementary schools, fund raisers and what have you. It isn't about the morality as I said, it is about how the behaviour of a few can make it harder for many. Actions that reflect poorly on your employer aren't ever going to welcome by that employer. I am guessing that some of this took place around Grey Cup 2004 (why else Ottawa?) Great way to represent your Team, City and Province by Bare Assing the Houses of Parliament. People will be people but if you want the freedom of a civilian, shed the uniform.
Lest We Forget!