MONTREAL CANADIENS CORNER

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

Freak
Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by Freak » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:56 pm

Habs never quit? What game did you watch? I despise the leafs up and down and there's no way in hell I can defend the way the Habs played that third period. They looked like they panicked with about 12 or 14 minutes left and didn't regroup once.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Terencius wrote:Congrats to the Leafs.

Montreal played that third period disgraceful. Up two goals and they blow it.

Go Islanders.
How can you go for the Islanders? What are you, a yankee lover? Have some class. Not like a certain Roughrider player who's sitting in jail. :tease:

XGamer
Superstar
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by XGamer » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Like I said in the Leafs thread, Habs only have themselves to blame for that lost !

Bad coaching, bad players, bad penalties...they shoot themselves in the foot.

I was watching the game with my kid, and I never taught he was taking hockey so seriously, his eye were all red when the game finished, poor little guy he wanted to cry & was holding it up !

How to explain to a 7 year old, it's only a game and not a matter of life & death !

Congrats to Leafs if they make the playoffs, it will be very hard vs Briere & Sabres !
Montreal Alouettes season ticket holder since 2004 !

Back-to-Back Grey Cups ('09 & '10) and I witnessed it LIVE from the stands !

Mtl Als Fansite: http://www.goalsgo.com

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:28 pm

Yeah, it's tough on the little ones. That's the hardest thing about elimination games. There's always little heart broken somewhere. I think adult fans forget how tough it can be on little guys. Now I don't feel so happy anymore. :(

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Freak wrote:Habs never quit? What game did you watch? I despise the leafs up and down and there's no way in hell I can defend the way the Habs played that third period. They looked like they panicked with about 12 or 14 minutes left and didn't regroup once.
C'mon. They chased Raycroft out of his own building after being down 3-1. Anything can happen in elimination games and that's why you want no part of them. Leafs just wanted alittle more and this time they did not break.

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:25 pm

IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT THE HABS!

August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:05 am

Hollywood, you're making me crazy with these pictures! :beer:

Freak
Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by Freak » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:07 am

TicatGreat wrote:
Freak wrote:Habs never quit? What game did you watch? I despise the leafs up and down and there's no way in hell I can defend the way the Habs played that third period. They looked like they panicked with about 12 or 14 minutes left and didn't regroup once.
C'mon. They chased Raycroft out of his own building after being down 3-1. Anything can happen in elimination games and that's why you want no part of them. Leafs just wanted alittle more and this time they did not break.
Eh, to me, they needed one goal and had an entire period to get it. They had what, three shots on goal in the entire third period? If you can't even manage pressure, let alone a goal, that's just flat out your own fault when you go out. It's not like the Leafs were playing that spectacularly defensively (although they did play rather well), but rather that the Habs seemed to spend the entire third period believing they had seven seconds to score, instead of taking their time and working away at it.

TicatGreat
Superstar

Post by TicatGreat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Oh well Freak. That's the way the old egg rolls. Habs Nation can console themselves with the way we got punted again. Too bad 2 Canadien teams had to be taken out because neither the Flyers nor Sabres, nor Devils would play their starting goaltender against the Islanders. Taking nothing away from them, but they got a free ride. The NHL is a garbage league anyway. They have to punt Bettman. It's a panzy league.

AGENT-784
All Star

Re: MONTREAL CANADIENS CORNER

Post by AGENT-784 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Bump !!

No postings in the last 10 months...

Does Carey Price have the armour to handle the pressure long enough for his team to lock down home ice in the first round...

At some point, those Senators are gonna get their act together, so the Habs have a lot of work to do, to keep the heat on Ottawa.

Look forward to seeing what Price [ good guy from British Columbia ], and the Habs are made of for the rest of the season.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Big credit to the Canadiens for nailing down a play-off spot tonight, even though they only played the first 40 minutes...

Very scary to see that, on most any other night, the Senators would have bagged a win, by only playing the last 20 minutes...

Canadiens still have not come close to containing Ottawa's top line, and that has to bother everyone on the Montreal bandwagon even though the divisional lead is now seven points.

Now it's time for the Senators to show what kind of bounce-back they have for the Sabres on Tuesday.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Saw the game on RDS...

Talk about taking care of business on the road...

Solid outing for Carey Price, egging the Sens in their own barn...

25 road wins for the season is a terrific total; 100 points to lock down the division title with two home games left...

Tell me you predicted these numbers in October, and I would have told you, in the words of Brian Burke, "Drug Induced FANTASY !!"

What the h*ll are the Senators waiting for ?? Have they packed it in. All that talent, and it looks like they're gonna scapegoat Gerber, while Emery smirks in the background.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Okay...the dust has settled and the Canadiens find themselves, yet again, matching up against the Bruins...

On paper, Montreal's offense is better than Boston's, but how narrow would the gap be if both Bergeron and Savard were available to the Bruins...

On defense, the Bruins have the 800 pound gorilla in Chara, but again, give the edge to Montreal because their group has shown better consistency over the entire season...

In goal, big surprise, I like Carey Price a lot...mostly because of his size, and when he plays within his capabilities, it is his size and agility that are his strengths...but I do admire Tim Thomas, not because I mistake him for great goalie, but because he tries so hard to just stop the puck...his style is never pretty, but whenever I see Thomas in the blue ice, he is fun to watch...

Behind the bench, I can't tell which team is handled better...both Carbonneau and Julien seem to get the max out of their line-ups through the majority of the schedule...The way Carbonneau has handled himself in games this year, shows that he is a better coach now than a year ago...but I would suggest that Claude Julien has won enough games in the NHL, that he won't be out-coached in this series...

Most media experts, other than Don Cherry, should be predicting the series in favour of the Canadiens...

Personally, I will be surprised if the Bruins advance, but I will not be shocked by that outcome...

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:47 pm

For the record, James Duthie's playoff primate is back, and did spin the wheel in favour of Montreal...

Yeah, I know that both of you really do care...

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:31 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:Okay...the dust has settled and the Canadiens find themselves, yet again, matching up against the Bruins...

On paper, Montreal's offense is better than Boston's, but how narrow would the gap be if both Bergeron and Savard were available to the Bruins...

On defense, the Bruins have the 800 pound gorilla in Chara, but again, give the edge to Montreal because their group has shown better consistency over the entire season...

In goal, big surprise, I like Carey Price a lot...mostly because of his size, and when he plays within his capabilities, it is his size and agility that are his strengths...but I do admire Tim Thomas, not because I mistake him for great goalie, but because he tries so hard to just stop the puck...his style is never pretty, but whenever I see Thomas in the blue ice, he is fun to watch...

Behind the bench, I can't tell which team is handled better...both Carbonneau and Julien seem to get the max out of their line-ups through the majority of the schedule...The way Carbonneau has handled himself in games this year, shows that he is a better coach now than a year ago...but I would suggest that Claude Julien has won enough games in the NHL, that he won't be out-coached in this series...

Most media experts, other than Don Cherry, should be predicting the series in favour of the Canadiens...

Personally, I will be surprised if the Bruins advance, but I will not be shocked by that outcome...
Difference maker is the PP/PK, Montreal is a top PP unit, and Boston is near the bottom on the PK. In the playoffs if that factor continues this series is over sooner than later. Boston is somehow going to have to overcome their woeful penalty kill to make this a series. One thing that I do like about Boston is that sooner or later the Montreal string of wins against them has to burst and if Boston can get that done in Montreal, it may intensify the hometown media pressure on a young Habs team.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!