Luongo???

Discuss Pro Hockey, Canadian Teams in particular

Moderator: Referees

Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Luongo???

Postby Pakalolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Did any one catch this clowns interview? (sorry, i don't have time to look for it, nor will I bother) He' crying because he (sob) makes too much money. The POOR guy can't get traded because some shmuck(former player agent, now GM), in the Canuck organization, decided to give Mr. Mediocrity a ridiculous overpayed contract. Now Vancouver fans have to watch this guy, under achieve in the play offs, yet again.
Argh! :rotf:
IMO
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Re: Luongo???

Postby Glenegade » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 am

Ya, and I don't like him much, but he was making a light joke about it, I give him props for saying it,

But I'm glad he's Vancouver's problem rather than mine!
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

2014 MVP

Postby D » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Pakalolo wrote:Mr. Mediocrity

You might want to check some stats ..... and remember he plays on a team that Doesn't play a trap or defensive shell like most other teams in the league.
I'll give you that he fell apart in that Boston series but he is still one of the top goalies in the league and I think he has also learned a lot about how to carry himself better the last few seasons
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Really? you believe this propaganda? You must have a picture of John Baird holding a bunch of kittens on your wall. They probably got paid to do it, and Luongo got paid more. All goalies have to adjust to certain styles. But all that counts is stopping the puck. So when the playoffs start... pick up your game...or is the season over at that point. That guy makes so much freakin' money during the regular season, playing hockey in the summer must seem like a horrid idea.
And while we're on the subject of Canuck players performance during the play offs, the Sundins output couldn't really be called stellar. Maybe my standards are a little higher than yours when contracts are compared.
Good luck Luongo. I hope you find happiness with your contract problems.
LOL

2014 MVP

Postby D » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:05 pm

You must not have been paying attention because they are the Sedins, and they played great during those playoffs until the finals when the rule book got tossed out and yes Loungo let us down as well. Still back to back Presidents trophy's are not exactly what I would consider mediocrity.
I own The Grey Cup! .com

2014 MVP

Postby Glenegade » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

Ya, to me the Sedins are just fine, and sometimes offensive players are shut down in the post season not because theyre doing poorly, but because they're such a threat the other team has a player who's only job is nothing to do with producing, but just to keep the other threat from producing. And defense will almost always rule over offense.
Luongo on the other hand has had some amazing stats, but fell short in playoff time, simple as that

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Yea but you're trying to shut down two guys. Two goal scorers . The coaches know it, the fans know it, everybody knows it. It can't be that easy, could it? Obviously, with the sedins it is.
I'm just saying, people put alot of hope and expectations on that team, and they deserve alot more for what they paid to see these guys in the play offs. Especially the cup final. I've never heard of any fans in any city running around their streets because they won the Gary Bettman Trophy(pres. Cup).

Today I met a fairy who granted me one wish.
I want to live forever I said.
Sorry she said, I can't grant wishes like that!
Fine!!! I want to die after the Leafs win the cup!
Oooooh .... you're bloody good she said. Damn!!!

Gar-ry Bett-man! Gar-ry Bett-man! Gar-ry Bett-man! Gar-ry Bett-man! Gar-ry Bett-man! Gar-ry Bett-man!LOL

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Luongo VS Edmonton....Hahahaha.Hahahaha.Hahahaha.Hahahaha.Hahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2014 MVP

Postby D » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am

Hung out to dry in a mean nothing game ..... we'll see how you beloved Riemer holds up against the Bruins ... Good Luck!
I own The Grey Cup! .com

2014 MVP

Postby Glenegade » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 am

I can't see how anyone is thinking Luongo is so great after that game against Edmonton,

2014 MVP

Postby D » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Glenegade wrote:I can't see how anyone is thinking Luongo is so great after that game against Edmonton,

It was a mean nothing game for the Canucks ... they could not move up or down in the standings .... you can't blame it all on the goalie he didn't get much help
I own The Grey Cup! .com

2014 MVP

Postby Glenegade » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 am

D wrote:
Glenegade wrote:I can't see how anyone is thinking Luongo is so great after that game against Edmonton,

It was a mean nothing game for the Canucks ... they could not move up or down in the standings .... you can't blame it all on the goalie he didn't get much help

No team wants to lose momentum going into the playoffs, and a team like Van shouldn't need their A game to beat a team like Edmonton, and that game means a lot to Luongo. He may have dropped himself down to 3rd string with that performance. A good goalie should be able to steal a game for his team.
Sure Vancouver had nothing to gain by a win other momentum, and nothing to gain by a loss, but by that argument, Edmonton had nothing to gain by a win, but would also increase their chances at a better draft pick,

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am

I agree with needing momentum going into the play offs as well. I was a little shocked at the goal production against Edmonton. D sure has alot of positive waves.
If reimer keeps getting 50 shots \ game against him, he won't hold up that well, I'm afraid.

2014 MVP

Postby Glenegade » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I watched Sportscentre this morning, and I was amazed that they were talking about it is unknown whether Schneider or Luongo will start for the Canucks tomorrow,
hello? Is this really that hard to figure out?
my question is more, who will they dress as their number two goalie?

Starter

Postby Pakalolo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

It has to be Luongo with his contract. If he falters, then it's Schneider. Gillis is isn't looking like a genius. The Sedins, better produce.
I didn't think a player agent was a good choice as a GM. IMO.

Next

Return to Hockey